For an inside look at the great outcomes of Math in the Mail, check out these videos.
Math in the Mail
Math in the Mail is FREE to families who qualify, and focuses on developing math skills in three-year-olds by providing the tools needed for parents, guardians, and other caregivers. By increasing pre-school aged math skills and confidence, Math in the Mail will help children gain the math knowledge that will help them have more positive and meaningful science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) learning experiences in the future.
The Math in the Mail packages will include:
- Materials designed for hands-on play
- A book
- Ideas for hands-on activities using the provided materials
- Ideas for extension activities using items found in any home
- 'Tools for Talking', a guide on how to use the materials provided
|Children Born...||Begin receiving kits...||Receive Last Kit...|
|9/1/13 to 9/1/14||Sept. 2017||June 2018|
|9/1/14 to 9/1/15||Sept. 2018||June 2019|
To qualify, for the FREE option families must:
- Live in Arenac, Bay, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Isabella, Midland or Saginaw Counties
- Have a household income that is at or below 250% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Have a three year old child in the household
Math in the Mail is also available by subscription for those who do not meet the eligibility criteria.
Where can families enroll?
- Fill out the form below, OR
- Visit www.mathinthemail.org, OR
- Call 989-737-9532 to enroll over the phone, OR
- Home visiting partners, Head Start, and GSRP Pre-school teachers and staff can help to enroll the families they work with, OR
- Print, complete and detach the form found here and return or mail it to: Math in the Mail, 3860 Fashion Square Blvd., PO Box 5679, Saginaw, MI 48603