Research indicates that children provided with a high quality preschool experience show significant positive developmental differences when compared to children from the same backgrounds who did not attend a high-quality preschool program.
Clare-Gladwin RESD connects eligible children in Clare and Gladwin counties to free and low-cost preschool programs to set the stage for success in kindergarten and give them an overall great start to their lives.
How to Enroll:
This is an exciting time for you and your family! Although it can be difficult choosing a high quality preschool experience for your child, the Clare and Gladwin Counties Quality Preschool Partnership wants to help you through the process. Click here here to view the brochure for more information about our partner preschools. All programs offer full and partial scholarships to those who qualify.
To determine eligibility, you must first submit the pre-enrollment form. For your convenience, we offer a variety of ways to complete this step:
1. Submit your child's information online at www.claregladwinpreschool.org.
2. OR print the pre-enrollment form (found here) and submit the completed form via U.S. Mail.
3. OR call 989-386-8075 to have a pre-enrollment packet sent to your home.
Please note this is only an intake form. You will be notified by one of the agencies to let you know if your child qualifies for a free or tuition-based preschool program and how to complete the enrollment process. If you complete the intake form in the spring, you will be contacted by a Partnership Preschool site no later than the end of June.
Participating Preschool Programs:
For More Information:
For more information on free and low-cost preschool programs offered locally, call 989-386-8075 or view the informational materials below.
- Beaverton and Gladwin Mid-Michigan Community Action Agency (MMCAA) Head Start and GSRP Preschool
- Clare MMCAA Head Start and GSRP Preschool
- Farwell MMCAA Great Start Readiness Preschool
- Gladwin Great Start Readiness Preschool
- Harrison Great Start Readiness Preschool
- Harrison MMCAA Head Start Preschool
About the Quality Preschool Partnership:
The Quality Preschool Partnership (QPP) of Clare and Gladwin Counties is a joint recruitment and enrollment effort developed by local agencies to ensure an efficient preschool application process for all eligible families served in Clare and Gladwin Counties. Clare-Gladwin RESD serves as the implementing agency.
Children identified through the Quality Preschool Partnership recruitment process are referred to either Head Start or Great Start Readiness Program:
- HEAD START: A federally-funded program that promotes the school readiness of children ages 3-5 years old.
- GREAT START READINESS PROGRAM (GSRP): Michigan's state-funded preschool program for 4-year-old children with factors which may place them at risk of educational failure.
Children are referred to programs equally based upon parent preference, child's residence, special needs, and eligibility requirements. Every attempt is made to fill all Head Start and Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) classes prior to the establishment of a waiting list.
To be eligible for Head Start or GSRP, children and families must meet federal and state guidelines, including income.
All programs serve children with disabilities and/or special needs.